Thursday, February 4, 2010

Broken Bones

Our ward had a roller skating party on Tuesday night that John and I decided to take our family to. We had a blast! Makayla has actually become really good at skating since the last time I seen her skate. She gets lots of practice when she goes with the school and has a ton of fun.



There's a game we were playing where you pick up balls and throw them at people. She picks up balls while she's skating and tosses them at people like it's the easiest thing ever.. but when I tried to pick up the balls, I was not as graceful! And then if I was lucky enough to get one, I had a hard time nailing people.. clearly not my game!

Carson was struggling but doing well for never skating on his own before. Siarah and Cameron tried to help him but he liked to just do a walk/skate. It was cute.



Jess decided to take a shot at it and skate with Carson too.. but it looks like they ended up dancing instead! Aww.. sweet!


Remember the "limbo" and "shoot the duck"? I used to be really good at those, of course I was much younger then, but these days there's no chance of that.. so I took pictures of the kids as they did the "limbo"! They did awesome!


About 20 minutes until it was time to go, we were all skating and playing that game where you stop in the middle of a number circle and if they call your number then you win a free pop. So, I was skating with Cameron and Jessica when the music stopped. They stopped in a circle and I was trying to stop with them. However, I couldn't stop. So Cameron tried to help me and I thought I had my balance but I didn't and I fell. As I was falling, I felt my ankle go to the right and instead of my body falling left like you would expect, my body went right also. I heard something snap as the outside of my foot touched the outside of my leg.. and then I hit my head on the floor pretty hard.


Yep, I broke the Fibula bone about 3 inches above my ankle. They said I broke it at a 45 degree angle but it seemed to be a clean break. So, they put a soft cast on until the swelling goes down and then I see an Orthopedic Surgeon next week. Some luck I have!
I did have a great time with my family and friends, but maybe next time, it would be better if I stayed off the skates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment