Friday, March 5, 2010

Quick Update

So I was put on an antibiotic for the infection in my leg on Tuesday. Today is Friday and I'm happy to report that the incision sight was still a little red, but the infection is no more! They finally put my hard cast on..it's purple.


I got robbed because I wanted neon green but they didn't have it :( Getting my hard cast means.. only 4 more weeks until I get a walking boot and start physical therapy.. YAY!! My leg feels like jello and is kind of shaped weird now. I've lost a lot of muscle mass and the doc said it will only get worse because I have 4 more weeks of not being able to use it. He also said it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to rebuild that muscle. That's a long time! I'm kind of scared to think about actually putting any kind of weight on my leg/foot since I've been down so long.. but I also can't wait to be able to walk again so I'm going to work hard when I get into physical therapy.
On another note, a hard cast also means that I get to practice driving this weekend :) with my left foot of course!
To gain some independence again... PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment