Thursday, March 12, 2009


This is my first blog and I just have to say that these last few days have been hard for me. I've been missing my dad. You think things would get a little easier after time goes by, but it just doesn't. My dad has almost been gone for a year and I feel like it was just yesterday that I was talking to him. I know that I'm not the only one having a hard time lately. This morning, my little guy Carson, called me at work and the first thing he said to me was "Mommy, I want Grandpa." It's so hard to watch my kids go through the emotions of losing their grandpa and watch the tears just flow. It breaks my heart. My dad was amazing, but to see him with my kids, was just unreal. They had so much fun together. They were little buddies and they were always conning him in to taking them to the dollar store or giving them quarters for their piggy banks :) Carson liked to play karate moves on him and he would just wrestle with him all the time. Makayla would sit on his lap and they would read stories together. Tonight, Carson, who just had his birthday, gathered up all his balloons and told me he was going to let them go way up into the sky for grandpa. We miss him a ton. He wasn't just my dad, but he was one of my best friends and my kids absolutely adored him. We are all having a really hard time. We just miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment