Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

He wasn't a hero,
Known by the world.
But a hero he was,
To his little girl.

My daddy was mighty,
Who knew all things.
And better than Santa,
With the gifts he'd bring.

I knew his voice,
Before I could speak.
And loved it when,
He would sing me to sleep.

He changed my diapers,
And sat up all night.
When my body was weak
And I'd put up a fight.

He'd come home late,
With not much to say.
And made us all kneel,
As he taught me to pray.

He taught me life's lessons,
Of right from wrong.
And instilled in me values,
That I might be strong.

And so through the years,
Like a hero he stood.
Working to give,
All that he could.

His presence was important,
And we loved to see him smile.
For no one in the world,
Could emulate his style.

And so dear Dad,
My best memory to recall.
Is the gift of your presence,
The greatest gift of all.

I love you dad with all my heart and I am so grateful for the values you instilled in me. You are the greatest example to me in the way you lead your life and taught me. You are an amazing father and grandpa and I miss you so very much.
Your birthday is definately something to celebrate. So, as you loved to take my children to feed the squirrels and enjoy nature as one of the many things that you did with them, that's what we do in honor of your birthday each year. It helps us all feel a little bit closer to you.
I love you dad! You are my HERO!

1 comment:

  1. hey veronica...my heart hurt for you today!!! i hope that you can feel peace as you celebrate the good man your dad was. he would be so proud of you, you are a great mother, wife, daughter and friend and i appreciate your friendship so much! you need a weekend away, so get it worked out...we will have a blast!!!!!

    ReplyDelete