Saturday, December 26, 2009



So, here is my little buddy Carson and my dad. On Wednesday, the day before Christmas Eve, Carson and I were having a hard time. We were remembering my dad, and Carson began to sob. So, the only thing I could think of to help him was to tell him that we would go out to the cemetary and bring grandpa a little bit of Christmas. He and I sobbed and hugged for a few minutes and then we set out to do just that. Makayla, Brayden, Carson, and I grabbed some garland from the house and some bows and drove to the cemetary. We wrapped his head stone with some garland and each of the kids put a bow on for him. Then we sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas!" This helped them and me.
This holiday season has been hard, but as I have thought about the many memmories that I have of my dad, I have been comforted and I hope as I have shared the kids' memmories with them, that they have felt that comfort too. My dad was a very special guy to all of us and I know that he is spending a very special Christmas with our Savior! We love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment